Thursday, April 7, 2011

Holy smokes, folks, we're married!

It's his first and my second, and everything is just right. I'm so very happy. Wedding photos are on the photographer's website. Magan did an amazing job documenting our special day. http://urbangrey.com/2011/03/29/the-dabbs-railroad-hotel-wedding-gloria-and-evan/

My beloved, nasty, dirty car that has carried my girls and me for nearly 250,000 miles, across the country and through enormous life changes, died this week. And I'm ok with it. Of course, we're getting it fixed. But this is something that could have completely depressed me at any other time since I've owned it. That car has been dependable, reliable, the first thing of worth I ever really OWNED. It's been my lifeline, the way I escaped every time I needed to. It's carried those girls and me across nearly every inch of the state of Texas, across the deserts of NM, AZ and CA, into the mountains of AZ and CO, to fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants last-minute concerts in OK or Dallas or San Antonio, TX, to the grocery store, to the ER, to Grandma's house. I chose a Camry because I thought it would stand up to everything I could do to it... and it has. That car has meant so much more to me than I could ever quantify. But it's about time for Miss Camry to be retired. We'll get her fixed this week, and she'll carry us a few more miles before we upgrade. And I'm okay. Even without my car. Because life is good. There's nothing I need to escape from.

No comments:

Post a Comment